Wednesday 13 October 2010

The Past.



Head to head, eye to eye, sneer to sneer. Upturned top lips and glaring eyes. The old me and the new me, face to face. Who will win? Who will persevere? I am habit, I am one, I am only, screams the slightly bedraggled one. The scars on her arms and the snag in her voice tell you all you need to know, she emerged from a war victorious. The other is adorned only by neon, only by the light in her eyes which had not yet been put out. It was harder to bring her to battle, after all, she only fought with herself. I am improved, I am one, I am only, screams the one with light in her eyes. Head to head, eye to eye, sneer to sneer. You cant get rid of me, the other sing songs, arms high, ready, as always for battle. I am part of you. I am what made you who you are. You cant get rid of me.

Photograhy by: Muzi.

5 comments:

  1. Theoretically, I "know" that this is meant to be read and connected with by anyone, everyone, but *God* I feel like it was meant just specifically, perfectly for me, like you have some secret knowledge of the twists and knots I get my soul into. If it was just once or twice, I'd content my conscience and just let it go, but you just keeping on nailing it.

    Sometimes I feel like a fictional character getting advice from her author.

    I wish I knew why you were writing this, Anon, and maybe a bit of who you are. But for now I'll just have to confess my fascination with you, and say - thanks for this one; I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 All of you, is an incredible existence that I look to. All of you, is illuminated with the warm glow from a wood fire, the occasional flicker of a candle in the dead of night, the quiet humming of a warmth in the depth of winter.
    All of you, will make something magical, one day. When we escape this battle we create ourselves.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lily - thankyou so so much I don't know how to explain how much your words mean to me. I guess it just goes to show - we are not alone.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems to encapsulate humanity, and so beautifully too.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a constant battle I deal with daily.

    you are right, you cannot get rid of it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete