Monday 20 September 2010

Try As You May.



As I get older im finding it harder and harder to connect. With this greater understanding of how I can never be yours, and you can never be mine, it just doesn’t seem to make sense. I once read that although we may live, act on and react upon other people, always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. And ofcourse we are. Although I can try and explain to you the inner workings of my mind, you will never understand. Although you may try hug me as tight as possible, trying to pull me into you, I will never fit. And yet we try so hard, human beings as a race. We try so hard. It is what we strive towards, what they tell us is the end goal. And so we try so hard, for something that is, unattainable.

5 comments:

  1. this makes me so sad...but it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful...it is so unattainable, yet we try and will try forever. Your words are lovely..be strong...much love and happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is possibly the best thing you have ever written becausIt is true and indeed is it depressing, but I believe we ought to look at it from another point of view. Yes we will always be by ourslves so we simply have to learn to love ourselves and be strong and confident so that we are copletely happy with who we are. That is something worth working for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mestida - Exactly. :) 'The longest relationship you ever have, is the one you have with yourself.'

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think this is so true.

    we try so hard, so hard, to make things work.
    because deep down, we really want them too.
    even though we know we don't fit.

    it's just the way we are.
    xox

    ReplyDelete